Magnet Warning

SECTION 1 – NEODYNIUM MAGNETS

The neodymium magnets we sell are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property and magnet damages. Magnets can cause serious damage to fingers such as breaking bones or losing finger tips if caught between 2 magnets.

Disclaimer: Caroline O neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase.

Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can break or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets. Normal neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance. Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets, as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.

Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but also the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.

FERROFLUID MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET (MSDS) INFORMATION:

COMPONENTS

  • Magnetite: 3-15 % by volume
  • Oil Soluble Dispersant: 6-30 % by volume
  • Carrier Liquid: 55-91 % by volume
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
  • Boiling Point (°F): 401-491
  • Specific Gravity: 0.92 to 1.47
  • Vapor Pressure (mm Hg.): 1 at 100°F
  • Percent Volatile by Volume: 55-91 %
  • Vapor Density (AIR = 1): 6.4
  • Solubility in Water: Negligible
  • Evaporation Rate at: less than 0.1
  • Appearance and Odor: Black liquid, Mild odor

FIRE AND EXPLOSION HAZARD AREA

  • Flash Point (°F): 160°
  • Method: TCC
  • Flammable Limits: uel: 0.6 lel : 7.0 at 77°F
  • Extinguishing Media: Co2, Foam, dry chemical, water spray.
  • Special Fire Fighting Procedure: Avoid smoke inhalation. Water spray may cause frothing.
  • Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazard: None

HEALTH HAZARD AREA

  • Threshold Limit Value: 5mg/m3 for oil mist in air (OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910-1000)
  • Effects of Overexposure: No experience with overexposure.
  • Prolonged or repeated contact with skin or eye contact may cause irritation.
  • Inhalation of mist or vapor at high temperature may irritate respiratory passages.

EMERGENCY & FIRST AID PROCEDURES

  • Skin Contact: Wash with soap and water.
  • Eyes: Flush with water and consult a physician for treatment.
  • Inhalation of Smoke or Mist: Move to fresh air and refer to physician for treatment.
  • Ingestion: The material has minimal toxicity, but fluid aspirated into the lungs during ingestion could cause severe pulmonary injury.
  • You should not induce vomiting and should seek medical attention if the material is ingested.
  • Gloves should be worn while working with these ferrofluids. Please refer to MSDS sheet for health and safety information.

PLEASE NOTE:

  • All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly, can last a lifetime.
  • Keep away from pacemakers.
  • Not for children, parental supervision required.

If damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract